Ca’ De’ Medici
Ca’ dè Medici
Ca 'dè Medici Winery A.D.1911, founded by Remigio Medici, today the company is in its fourth generation. The founder leaves the business, due to sudden death, to his eldest son, Regolo, aged 21. Remigio began to focus on the production and sale of bottled Lambrusco, anticipating the times. After the world conflicts, the Remigio Medici company, in step with the times, begins to carry out refermentation in the autoclave, creating a modern, more amiable and appreciated product. In a few years the artisan activity became industrial and it was necessary to build a new factory and expanded the assortment, in addition to Lambrusco, the sweet wine of Scandiano and the Piacentina malvasia. In the 1970s, Remigio and Renzo opened up to foreign markets, particularly in the USA, Germany and Belgium
The amiable, sparkling Lambrusco, with low alcohol content, received great success and today accounts for 70% of turnover and presence in 20 countries. Since 1984, for commercial reasons, the company was called "Ca 'dè Medici".